Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Monday, October 29, 2007

I've just come down from the Isle of Skye



I've just come down from the Isle of Skye,
I’m no very big and I'm awful shy,
And the lassies shout when I go by,
" Donald where’s your troosers."

Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low,
Through the streets in my kilt I'll go,
And all the lassies shout hello,
Donald where's your troosers.

A Lassie took me to a ball,
And it was slippery in the hall.
And I was feart that I would fall,
Fur I hadnae on ma' troosers.

Chorus.

I went down to London Town,
And I had some fun in the underground.
The ladies turned their heads around,
Saying "Donald where's your troosers".

Chorus.

To wear the kilt is my delight.
It isna wrong, I know its right.
The islanders would get a fright.
If they saw me in the troosers.

Chorus.

They'd like to wed me every wan.
Just let them catch me if they can.
You cannae tak’ the breeks aff a Hielan’ man.
And I don't wear the troosers.

Chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment