Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dougie MacLean Scotland

Hi Sandy, I agree that Dougie MacLean is a wonderful songwriter and performer of Scottish songs. My people came to NZ from the Isle of Rona, and so I am very interested in my Scottish roots. We visited Scotland in 2006 and as we knew some of his work, we looked him up on google , specifically to see where he was playing. We traveled from Edinburgh to Innerleithen for a music festival where he was guest artist. We were not disappointed. He worked with the audience and had a singing. Later we all went to the pub for a session. Dougie played his fiddle. But what was awesome was that he was so encouraging of other performers. I hear he has been in New Zealand before, but it would be wonderful it he could come to the NZ folk Festival in Wellington. Cheers. Rona Cooper, Levin New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment