Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Monday, February 11, 2008

Old Scots Songs

Hi Sandy, Could you please let me know if you have the words and music to the song.

Sing to me the old scots songs,
In the dear old scottish tongue,
The songs my father used to sing,
The songs my mother sang.

Thats all the words I have. Hope you can help, Ann.

I have one version of the Lyrics, but no music. Sandy

O sing to me the auld Scotch sangs in the broad Scottish tongue,
The sangs my father lov’d to hear, the sangs my mother sung,
When she sat beside my cradle Or crooned me on her knee,
And I wad-na sleep she Sang so sweet, the auld Scotch Sang to me,
And I wad-na sleep she Sang so sweet, the auld Scotch sang to me.

Yes! sing the auld, the gude auld Sangs, auld Scotia's gentle pride,
Of the wimpling burn and the sunny brae, an' the cosie ingle-side,
Sangs of the broom an' heather, sangs o' the trysting tree,
The laverock’s lilt and the gowan’s blink, the auld Scotch sangs for me.
The laverock’s lilt and the gowan’s blink, the auld Scotch Sangs for me.

Sing any of the auld Scotch sangs, the blithesome or the sad,
They make me smile when I am away, and greet me when I’m glad,
My heart goes back to auld Scotland, the salt tears dim my eye,
And the Scotch blood leaps in a’ my veins, as ye sing the songs to me,
And the Scotch blood leaps in a' my veins, as ye sing the songs to me.

Sing on, sing mair of they auld sangs, for ilka ane can tell,
Of joy or sorrow in the past, where memory loves to dwell,
Thoough hair goes gray, and limbs grow auld, until the day I dee,
I’ll bless the Scottish tongue that sings, the auld Scotch sangs to me,
I’1l bless the Scottish tongue that sings, the auld Scotch sangs to me.

Download Scottish Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment