Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tour Scotland Fiunary


The Tannahill Weavers are a popular band who perform traditional Scottish music. Farewell to Fiunary Heather Island is haunting and beautiful song of leaving Scotland.

The air is clear the day is fine, and swiftly swiftly flows the time
The boat is floating on the tide that wafts me off from Fiunary

Chorus:
We must up and haste away, we must up and haste away
We must up and haste away, farewell, farewell tae Fiunary

A thousand, thousand tender ties awake this day my plaintive sighs
My heart within me almost dies, at thocht of leaving Fiunary

Chorus

But I must leave those happy vales,
see how they fill, the spreading sails
Adieu, adieu, my native dales,
farewell, farewell tae Fiunary

No comments:

Post a Comment