Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Claypotts Castle

Claypotts Castle, Dundee, Scotland, is a fortified house of the 16th century, the Tower Fortalice and Mannor Place of Claypotts was built between 1569 and 1588 by John Strachan or Strathauchin, a cadet branch of Strachan of Angus and Thornton in the Mearns. Claypotts Castle is situated close to the junction of the A92 and B978 roads between Dundee and Broughty Ferry. Erected in a Z-plan style it has three storeys and circular wings. At the beginning of the 17th century the estate passed to the newly-created Barony of Lindores and the Strachans moved north to Balhousie after selling Claypotts to Sir William Graham of Ballunie in 1601.

No comments:

Post a Comment