Rent A Cottage In Scotland

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tour Scotland Leven Shell House


Hi Sandy, I was wondering if you could help me please My grandparents lived in Buckhaven, Fife, and I used to go there for holidays I seem to remember going to Leven and I seem to think there as a small house made entirely of shells. Unfortunately there is no one left in the family who remembers this. Was it there or was it a child's imagination ? Thank you, Carol.

Hi Carol, It existed as you can see above, and I also remember it well.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:58 PM

    only the wallsare still covered in shells now it is most unfortunate it is a normal house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:21 AM

    I've managed to take a photo of the wall a few years ago when I went to Leven:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/theiofthebholder/471893889/
    Last time I went to Leven most of the shells were falling off so I'm guessing there's not much left now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Hi Carol.
    The "Buckie Hoose" was owned by relatives of my father.
    I went there often as a boy.

    (My name is also Sandy)

    ReplyDelete